Michigan DECA is encouraging each chapter to increase their membership by five members or more. Each chapter that increases their membership by five members will receive a special Recognition Plaque for display in their classroom. Chapters with 100% membership can participate by signing up at least five Alumni and/or Professional members; in addition to the chapter advisor(s).
- Additional competitor entries per event for the District Conference.
- Additional competitor entry per event for State Conference competition in the Integrated Marketing Campaign Product, Integrated Marketing Campaign Service, Integrated Marketing Campaign Event and Start-Up Business Plan events.
- A plaque for classroom display, awarded at the State Conference
- Recognition in Spotlight on DECA
- Recognition on this website
So, how does my chapter get the recognition?
This recognition is easy. You do not have to fill out any forms, there are no questions to answer… nothing formal to do. All you need to do is recruit five more members for your DECA chapter. If you’ve got five more members than you did last year, then you’ll be recognized. It’s that simple. You have until February 1st to submit and pay your DECA membership roster for the school year.
Added Incentive for Gimme5! Award Recipients
Michigan DECA will provide a credit off the District Conference Registration fee to chapters that increase both their membership and district conference participation by the amounts listed below. The process to receive this credit is simple – achieve either of the steps below:
*Chapters must have a minimum of 16 members and register at least 10 students for the District Conference to be eligible for the $250 incentive.
*Chapters with 100% membership can still be eligible if they return their 100% membership form by the deadline, and sign up professional or alumni members in addition to the chapter advisor(s) to meet the needs for the membership portion of the incentive.
2021-2022 Chapters that have earned the Gimme 5! Award:
The foundation of a strong local chapter is for all marketing education students to be granted the opportunity to become DECA members. An active DECA chapter recognizes that all members can benefit at local activities. For this reason, chapters with 100% membership plan a program of local activities so all marketing education students can become DECA members, students learn to develop their leadership, civic, social, and career and technical skills at the local chapter level.
Michigan DECA defines 100% Membership as all students enrolled in all Marketing Education Classes taught by an individual teacher. This includes, but is not limited to, introductory courses, specialty courses (i.e. apparel, tourism, entrepreneurship) and management courses as well as general marketing education courses. 100% Membership recognition will not be given to those chapters who do not submit the completed 100% Membership Reporting Form by November 30.
To encourage and reward chapters for having 100% membership, Michigan DECA has developed the following recognition for chapters with 100% membership:
- Additional competitor entry per event offered at the District Conference.
- Additional competitor entry per event for State Conference competition in Integrated Marketing Campaign Product, Integrated Marketing Campaign Service, Integrated Marketing Campaign Event and Start-Up Business Plan events.
- Recognition at the State Conference, in Spotlight on DECA, and on this page.
- 100% Membership Certificate
To receive these benefits, 100% membership chapters must:
- Submit their Membership Roster and full payment to DECA Inc..
- Submit Michigan DECA’s 100% Membership Reporting Form to Michigan DECA by November 30th.
- Remember to add the State Conference Results to your State Conference Registration to receive copies at no charge.
100% Membership Chapters for 2021-2022: