International Career Development Conference
April 12-May 6
Schedule as of 03-16-2021
subject to change
Virtual Competitor Packets
- Principles of Business Administration Events
- Individual Series Events
- Team Decision Making Events
- Business Operations Research Events
- Project Management Events
- Entrepreneurship Events
- Integrated Marketing Campaign Events
- Professional Selling and Consulting Events
- Stock Market Game
- Virtual Business Challenge
- School-based Enterprise Competition
Michigan Chapter Awards Program and Merit Awards Program Competition
CAP and MAP competition will take place on April 28, 2021 from 2:00-5:00pm. More details will be posted soon.
Virtual Business Challenge Schedule
Competitors that have qualified for the Virtual Business Challenge competition will compete in multiple rounds of their respective online simulation. All session times below are listed in EST.
Round 1 | Starts at 6:00 p.m. on 4/20/2021. Ends at 8:00 p.m. on 4/20/2021. Round 2 | Starts at 6:00 p.m. on 4/21/2021. Ends at 8:00 p.m. on 4/21/2021. Round 3 | Starts at 1:00 p.m. on 4/24/2021. Ends at 3:00 p.m. on 4/24/2021 .
Round 1 | Starts at 1:00 p.m. on 4/20/2021. Ends at 1:00 p.m. on 4/21/2021.
Round 2 | Starts at 11:00 a.m. on 4/24/2021. Ends at 7:00 p.m. on 4/24/2021.
Round 1 | Starts at 2:00 p.m. on 4/20/2021. Ends at 2:00 p.m. on 4/21/2021.
Round 2 | Starts at 12:00 p.m. on 4/24/2021. Ends at 8:00 p.m. on 4/24/2021.
DECA HOTEL CHALLENGE VBCHM
Round 1 | Starts at 1:40 p.m. on 4/20/2021. Ends at 1:40 p.m. on 4/21/2021.
Round 2 | Starts at 11:40 a.m. on 4/24/2021. Ends at 7:40 p.m. on 4/24/2021.
PERSONAL FINANCE VBCPF
Round 1 | Starts at 12:40 p.m. on 4/20/2021. Ends at 12:40 p.m. on 4/21/2021.
Round 2 | Starts at 10:40 a.m. on 4/24/2021. Ends at 6:40 p.m. on 4/24/2021.
Round 1 | Starts at 12:20 p.m. on 4/20/2021. Ends at 12:20 p.m. on 4/21/2021.
Round 2 | Starts at 10:20 a.m. on 4/24/2021. Ends at 6:20 p.m. on 4/24/2021.
Round 1 | Starts at 1:20 p.m. on 4/20/2021. Ends at 1:20 p.m. on 4/21/2021.
Round 2 | Starts at 11:20 a.m. on 4/24/2021. Ends at 7:20 p.m. on 4/24/2021.
Round 1 | Starts at 12:00 p.m. on 4/20/2021. Ends at 12:00 p.m. on 4/21/2021.
Round 2 | Starts at 10:00 a.m. on 4/24/2021. Ends at 6:00 p.m. on 4/24/2021.
DECA is excited to host our competitive events program in a virtual format this year. All information and links for competitors are accessible through the conference portal at www.decaicdc.org on the competitor page.
Student participants will use their DECA Member ID and the password from their chapter advisor to login. Click here for information on how to download your members’ IDs. DECA advisors will use their e-mail address and the password. Passwords are case sensitive.
How do I register for the Conference?
Chapter advisors will register their chapter through Michigan DECA. Chapters will send payment for registration to Michigan DECA, and we will remit the payment to DECA Inc. Registration will close on March 19. Chapter members and chapters cannot register directly with DECA Inc.
What is the cost of registration?
DECA will offer several tiers of registration – check with your chapter advisor for prices.
- Student Member – Perfect for DECA members who want to be part of the Virtual ICDC experience! No registration needed for those participating with the Member Package. DECA Members will use their DECA membership ID and a password to login to the conference portal to be able to view the sessions and interact with the vendors. The package includes: Access to the General Sessions and Access to Partner Opportunities
- Student Leader – Perfect for DECA members wishing to enhance their leadership skills. The package includes: Access to the General Sessions, Access to Partner Opportunities, Access to On-Demand Conference Workshops, Access to On-Demand Emerging Leader Series (Academies), Access to Social Activities, and ICDC Swag Pack.
- Student Competitor – Exclusively offered to DECA members who qualify to participate in ICDC level competitive events from the Michigan DECA State Conference. The package includes: Access to the General Sessions, Access to Partner Opportunities, Access to On-Demand Conference Workshops, Access to On-Demand Emerging Leader Series (Academies), Access to Social Activities, ICDC Swag Pack, Access to compete in the qualified competitive event and the opportunity to win DECA Glass, and Competitor Transcript (results).
- Advisor – Exclusively offered to DECA advisors. A minimum of one chapter advisor must register per chapter with Leader and Competitor participants. The package includes: Access to the General Sessions, Access to Partner Opportunities, Access to On-Demand Conference Workshops, Access to On-Demand Emerging Leader Series (Academies), Access to Social Activities, ICDC Swag Pack, Advisor Appreciation Gift, and Access to post-event transcripts for Competitor participants from your chapter.
Do advisors need to register?
We require that each chapter register at least one chapter advisor who will serve as the point person for the chapter during ICDC.
Are there refunds?
Refunds are available through April 1, 2021. After this date, there will be no refunds. Refunds must be submitted through Michigan DECA.
How will my members receive their swag bags?
Swag bags included as part of the leader and competitor tiers will be mailed directly to the DECA chapter using the address on file. Sorry, no exceptions can be made.
What platform will you be using for competition?
For preliminary competition, we will use AnswerWrite for online testing and DLG JudgePro for written entry uploads, role-plays, and presentations.
Members will record their presentations on the designated day, upload them, and submit the link. Detailed instructions will be provided no later than March 15.
For final competition, we will be using a video conference software for live presentations. They will be held on a schedule during the designated day of final competition. Please ensure that your competitive events qualifiers will be able to participate using live video conference software at any given point during the school day on this day before registering. During the live final video competition, an adult proctor will join the student member(s) and judge(s).
Will my DECA members have a specific competitive event time?
For preliminary competition, members will have a specific day for each component: to turn in their written entry, take their exam and record their presentation. They can do this during a timeframe (8 am EST to 9 pm EST) at any point during that specific day.
For final competition, members will have a specific day and time for their presentation that will be published with the announcement of the finalists.
Will competitors need to be proctored?
No. Because of the pandemic and out of caution for the health and safety of everyone, proctoring will not be required this year. However, DECA members will be required to complete a statement of assurances and integrity for online competitive events. During the live final video competition, an adult proctor will join the student member(s) and judge(s).
Will my DECA members need to submit their written entry in an official DECA folio?
No. Since the written entry will be uploaded as a PDF, there is no need to submit the written entry in the official DECA folio. That penalty point item will not be assessed.
Will my DECA members still need to wear a DECA blazer?
Yes. All members appearing before a judge must wear an official DECA blazer and adhere to the dress code. The deadline to order blazers and receive prior to ICDC is April 1.
How will DECA members be recognized?
Due to the quick timeline, DECA will be posting results and finals schedules on decadirect.org and deca.org/icdc as soon as they are available, at 10 a.m. ET and 4 p.m. ET daily. The top 10 and first, second and third winners will be announced during the Grand Awards Session on May 6.
The top three winners in DECA’s Competitive Events Program will earn the coveted DECA Glass, which will be shipped to the chapter for an appropriate local presentation. Medallions will also be sent to the chapter for those members earning Achievement Award recognition. Certificates of Achievement and Certificates of Excellence will be available digitally. Transcripts will be available through the online membership system and student portal following ICDC. Cash awards will be sent directly to the DECA members as in the past.
When is the Grand Opening Session?
The Grand Opening Session will be held on April 19, 2021 at 8:00 p.m. EST
What if my DECA members have conflicts with the schedule?
Just as we would with the in-person ICDC, we must stick to the schedule, especially since we are publishing it so far in advance. Competitive events qualifiers should only register for ICDC if they can participate on the designated days of their competitive event. Unfortunately, there are no exceptions.
Will the Emerging Leader Series be offered?
- Each session will be 20-45 minutes, depending on the content. The on-demand sessions will be available during the week of April 19-23 so DECA members can take advantage of sessions on their schedule.
- Because we do not have space limitations this year, there are no allocation limits for those wishing to register for the LEADER PACKAGE.
- Those who register for the COMPETITOR PACKAGE will also receive access to these sessions, so they do not need to register separately for the LEADER PACKAGE.
ASPIRE – FIND A MENTOR
Learn the value of mentoring and coaching skills in the corporate environment and why it’s necessary to find a mentor you can trust in both college and your career. Presented by FOCUS Training
-I AM DECA: CREATE YOUR STORY – Learn how to create a response to, “What is DECA?” that showcases your unique DECA experience and tells your personal DECA story. Learn the value of showing your chapter interests, DECA achievements and what makes DECA exciting for you. Presented by Catherine Horton
-DECA DASHBOARD AND PROGRAM OF LEADERSHIP – Designed for upcoming chapter leaders, this session will introduce these emerging leaders to the concept of the DECA Dashboard and provide a foundation for creating an awesome Program of Leadership. Presented by TEAMTRI
-THE POLISHED PROFESSIONAL – Learn the latest trends and guidelines for professional behavior, interactions and appearance as well as your digital brand. Presented by FOCUS Training
-ETHICAL LEADERSHIP – Everyone faces ethical challenges, and an effective ethical leader will stand up for what they believe is right even in the face of adversity. Learn about ethical principles such as integrity, trust, transparency, accountability and more, that aid in making wise choices and ethical decisions. Presented by FOCUS Training
What about the THRIVE Academy?
Those chapters that earned THRIVE level in the membership and chapter campaigns are welcome to register members at the LEADER tier and participate in the on-demand modules for Ignite, Elevate and Aspire. We will send the chapter the plaque, flag and pennant recognizing your achievement — as well as a special reward for the chapter.
Will the SBE Academy + Competition be offered?
Yes. Up to three members from a Gold-Certified SBE will be eligible to access the on-demand SBE Academy content as well as compete in SBE Food Operations or SBE Retail Operations.
Will Advisor Professional Learning be offered?
We are planning a robust advisor professional learning program this summer, so we will only offer a limited selection of advisor professional learning sessions and advisor chats during April 19-23, 2021.
What if my DECA members require special services?
We want to make every opportunity available for our special needs members to participate in ICDC. An online form is at deca.org/icdcspecialservices to identify students that need special services. We will work with the chapter advisor to provide the appropriate services. It is critical that we receive the form by March 27 in order to arrange appropriate services.
Will there be additional swag items for purchase?
Yes! Shop DECA will have a specialty line of ICDC products available for pre-purchase prior to ICDC. The deadline for these items is March 19. They will also offer commemorative finalist items for purchase.
Planning Ahead? Future dates and locations:
- April 22-27, 2022 – Atlanta, Georgia
- April 21-26, 2023 – Orlando, Florida
- April 27-30, 2024 – Anaheim, California
- April 26-29, 2025 – Orlando, Florida
- April 25-28, 2026 – Atlanta, Georgia
- April 17-20, 2027 – Anaheim, California
- April 22-25, 2028 – Orlando, Florida