Chapter Awards Program
The Chapter Awards Program is an instructional enrichment program for marketing education. The program is designed for chapters to develop a well-rounded program of work and is based on chapter achievement accompanied with an awards program for chapter recognition.
The Chapter Awards Program should be initiated early in the year, so chapter members will realize the greatest benefits of their involvement. A thorough orientation of the purpose and operation of the program is vital for the preparation of the members.
Use your creativity when creating your documentation and section heading pages. Your chapter’s Chapter Awards Program scrapbook is one that you should want to show off to future DECA members to explain and showcase your DECA activities.
The objectives of the Chapter Awards Program (CAP) are:
- Encourage local chapter organization by planning a yearly program of activities
- Build member involvement
- Encourage DECA membership at local, state and international levels
- Build school and community recognition for the marketing education program and the DECA chapter
- Learn of activities and projects that strengthen the local chapter
- Recognize chapters for their accomplishments
The Chapter Awards Program will provide recognition at three levels:
The level of recognition will be determined by the number and type of activities a chapter completes in each of the following categories:
- Membership Development
- Community Oriented
- Experienced Leaders
- Academically Prepared
- Professionally Responsible
- Promotion/Public Relations
Chapters will claim credit for activities by submitting an activity report and visual documentation.